Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Well of Lost Plots

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I decided not to do a Top Ten Tuesday today because I can't possibly choose only 10 of the books I'm looking forward to reading this Fall, and looking at how long my TBR list is and knowing that I'll never be able to read all of it depresses me at the moment. So I'm sharing a teaser from my current read instead :)

I'm cheating a bit and sharing 3 sentences instead of two.

'...here are the main points of the news. Prices of semi-colons, plot devices, prologues and inciting incidents continued to fall yesterday, lopping twenty-eight points off the TomJones Index. The Council of Genres has announced the nominations for the 923rd annual BookWorld Awards; Heathcliff is once again to head the 'Most Troubled Romantic Lead' category for the seventy-seventh year running...'



Haha. This is the footnoterphone entry from page 7 of Jasper Fforde's The Well of Lost Plots, the third book in the Thursday Next series centering on SpecOp Literary Detective Thursday Next, newly also member of Jurisfiction and currently hiding in an unpublished (for a reason) novel.

This one was one of my dusty reads; I bought it more than a year ago and hesitated to read it because I didn't want to re-read book 2 but was fuzzy on what exactly happened. Well, today I saw there is a recap at the beginning...
These books are a must for all us book geeks! It's about a world where everyone is crazy about literature! Also, people travel by airship (planes are only for the military) and dodos (brought back from extinction) are popular pets. And I mean, who wouldn't want Thursday's talent? The woman can read herself into books! And I mean that physically and literally.
Intrigued? Click the cover to get to goodreads.

What are you guys reading at the moment? Link me up in the comments :)

4 comments:

  1. I have a few of Jasper Fforde's books but haven't read any yet.:(((( Everytime I read teasers or blurbs though, it makes me want to jump right in one! I love that Heathcliffe is the head of "The Most Troubled Romantic Lead Category"! Sounds so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am most definitely intrigued! Love that teaser...it does sound like the perfect read for us bibliophiles! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by! I'm certainly going to check into this series...and hope and wish and pray that one day I can read myself into my favorite novels, too. Hey, anything's possible...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always cheat! Very interesting teaser. Thanks for sharing.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That's certainly different. thanks for the teaser and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete